1-1 Lessons – Terms and Conditions
IMPORTANT INFORMATION, TERMS & CONDITIONS
SWIMMING LESSONS AT THE OCEAN WALKER ACADEMY
Understanding the Risks:
All swimmers agree to swim at entirely their own risk and in the unlikely event of injury, accident, loss or damaged suffered, however it may be caused, no responsibility whatsoever will be attached to the organisers, or any persons involved in the organising of Ocean Walker Swim Camps.
IMPORTANT: Where attending a swimming lesson means you need to travel to us from abroad – please ensure you have your own comprehensive travel insurance cover for the appropriate level of training you are undertaking.
Taking into account a crisis situation such as COVID-19, please check with your insurance provider so that you are fully aware of the options available to you.
It is your responsibility to provide your own cover based on the type of course you attend.
Please read the following and check the box in agreement to our terms prior to your training with your Ocean Walker Qualified Coach.
Your lesson with an Ocean Walker Technique coach at the Ocean Walker Academy will take place in an Endless Pool. That means that you will be the only person in the pool at the time of your lesson with your OWT coach in the same room. Access into the Endless Pool is by steps.
Our facilities will be cleaned down following each lesson.
All visitors to the venue must follow their guidelines as follows:
- Please arrive 15mins prior to your lesson to allow time to check in and change.
- Please social distance 2m apart at all times wearing a face covering out of the water.
- Please use the provided hand sanitiser to sanitise your hands on entry and exit of the venue.
Acknowledgment of Risk
- I completely understand and accept the risks involved in swimming.
- I completely understand that I will be swimming in chlorinated water unless otherwise specified.
- I will advise my Ocean Walker Coach of any medical or other reasons that may affect my performance in the water.
- In the unlikely event of injury, accident, loss or damaged suffered, however it may be caused, no responsibility whatsoever will be attached to the organisers, landlords, or any persons involved in the organising of the swim training session.
- I hereby certify that I am feeling no symptoms of Covid-19 and have not been diagnosed as such, I am physically fit and well to participate in such training and don’t know of any medical condition that would prevent me safely swimming in a swimming pool.
- I undertake at all times to use my best endeavours to train in a safe manner, following the guidelines as above and not to do anything that would expose myself or other swimmers to any unnecessary risk or injury.
- I hereby declare that I can swim a distance of 100m in a heated swimming pool *If you are a complete beginner – please advise us of this in your ability details.
To keep both you and your Ocean Walker coach safe, social distancing will be practiced at all times out of the water. Please attend your lesson on your own.
Photography and filming:
As part of the Ocean Walker Swim Coached sessions you will be filmed above and underwater for your swimming video analysis. Please wear appropriate swim wear during your swim session. Your Ocean Walker coach will analyse this footage during your session and will send your analysed footage onto you by email following the session. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you also agree not to share any coaching video footage provided to you by your Ocean Walker Swim Coach / Ocean Walker Ltd / Ocean Walker Academy Ltd.
Video links and passwords are being provided to you as a participant of your Ocean Walker Swim Coached sessions. They are also provided to help further your personal progress, and should not be shared. We thank you for your co-operation.
Changing a booked date:
We will allow one change of date following the original booking.
Change of date to be within 1 month of original booking date based on next available date.
Please give at least 72 hours notice if you wish to change your session date.
You can change your appointment with our online scheduler. You will receive an email confirmation of your booking with links to relevant options.
Please note that you will not be able to change your date after the 72 hour notice period has lapsed, so we ask that if something has come up that you contact us directly by email.
Fees may apply for change of booking out of our notice period.
Cancelling a booked date:
If for any reason you decide to cancel your booked session, the following applies.
We require at least 72 hours notice for cancellation of a booked session.
Refunds will be provided with any fees deducted (eg. payment processing fees).
We cannot guarantee any refund for cancelling a booked session when the notice is less than 72 hours.
You can cancel your appointment with our online scheduler. You will receive an email confirmation of your booking with links to relevant options.
Please also contact by phone if you are very close to the notice deadline to ensure the notification has been received in time: 07825 429461.
It is important that you are only coached this technique by a qualified Ocean Walker Technique coach, as anyone who is not trained may cause you injury or harm in their attempts, which goes against everything the creator Adam Walker has created this technique for.
You can check our list of qualified coaches here: Ocean Walker Team
You must be 18 years or over to book a 1-1 lesson. For younger swimmers, a parent or guardian must arrange the booking and also accompany the swimmer to the session.
What equipment do I need to bring with me?
Your usual swim kit
Cancellation by Ocean Walker:
In the unlikely event that we need to cancel your lesson, you will be given as much notice as possible and an alternative date for your session will be arranged directly with you.