BOOK A LESSON with a qualified Ocean Walker Technique Coach.
Learn how to swim the incredible Ocean Walker Technique front crawl stroke from one of our qualified coaches – or even the creator of the technique himself!
Not sure what the Ocean Walker Technique is – Find out all about it here>>
LOCATION – OCEAN WALKER ACADEMY (LINCOLN, UK)
LOCATION – GITES AT CIVRAY
WORLD RECORD BREAKING SWIMMER
Creator of the Ocean Walker Technique
Founder of Ocean Walker
First Brit to swim the Oceans 7
RLSS Ambassador for Open Water Swimming
Zoggs Ambassador for Open Water Swimming
Author - Man Vs Ocean
- ENGLISH CHANNEL RELAY 
- ENGLISH CHANNEL SOLO  21 MILES - 11HRS 35MINS
- LAKE WINDERMERE  21 MILES 10HRS 31MINS [FASTEST MAN 2 WAY]
- STRAIT OF GIBRALTAR  19 MILES - 9HRS 39MINS [1ST BRIT 2 WAY CROSSING]
- MOLOKAI STRAIT  26 MILES - 17HRS 2MINS
- CATALINA CHANNEL  21 MILES - 12HRS 15MINS
- TSUGARU STRAIT  15 MILES - 15HRS 31MINS
- COOK STRAIT  14 MILES - 8HRS 39MINS
- NORTH CHANNEL  22 MILES - 10HRS 45MINS
- ICE MILE  1 MILE in under 5 degrees
Adam Walker born July 1978 qualified swim coach 1998 (ASA/Swim England) swam the English Channel in 2008 and ruptered a bicep tendon. The conventional front crawl stroke had taken its toll on Adams shoulders and he was advised not to swim again.
With no luck in his search for a swim technique that would work for him, he began to create his own style of swimming. With a BA (Hons) in Sports Studies & Leisure Recreational Management and sheer determination, Adam Walker created the Ocean Walker Technique so that he could continue the sport he loved - open water swimming.
Adam Walker went on to swim the toughest seven oceans swims in the world, spiking global curiosity with his effortless and graceful swimming style. So much so, it enabled Adam to leave his day job in sales and travel the world coaching the Ocean Walker Technique.
STEVE SMITH - CERTIFIED COACH L1
- ITU Long Distance World Champs Oklahoma (2016)
- ITU Middle Distance (half Iron) European Champions Denmark (2017)
- Ironman Wales (2015)
- Outlaw (2015)
- Ironman Barcelona (2017)
- Ironman Austria (2018)
- Etape du Tour - Three times finisher (tough mountain stage of Tour de France)
- Jottunheimen Rundt - Two times finisher (430Km one day ride)
- Kalmar Iron Distance - 2012
- Willmington Iron Distance - 2013
- Challenge Vichy - 2014
Steve Smith and wife Jenny moved to France in 2017 from Portsmouth UK and set up Gites at Civray to accomplish their dream of creating a training facility revolved around outdoor pursuits to include swimming, running and cycling.
In 2018, Steve and Jenny opened for business with an offering of 4 beautifully restored Gites, a heated 25m 2 lane outdoor pool, and an abundance of country roads to explore as well as many stunning open water swimming locations to choose from.
As a qualified Ocean Walker Technique coach, Steve is perfectly placed to offer 1-1 and small group lessons at his facility, with the added benefit of being able to incorporate swim sessions into a family summer holiday. You will also find Steve supporting Adam Walker on Ocean Walker swim camps Worldwide.