Online Coached Sessions – Terms and Conditions
OCEAN WALKER TECHNIQUE – COACHED SESSIONS ONLINE WITH ADAM WALKER (1-1)
To use this service you will require your own Skype account (free).
You will be required to provide video footage of yourself swimming to Ocean Walker for analysis purposes.
The videos your provide Ocean Walker are confidential between you and Ocean Walker and will not be shared to any third party, social media platform or website – unless specific approval has been requested by Ocean Walker and granted by yourself.
Coaching is provided on a 1-1 basis, other viewers are not allowed to participate or watch the session.
The information below is for your own safety, so that you may enjoy your experience with our online training, whilst understanding the risks that may be encountered as part of swimming in pool or open water.
Understanding the Risks:
All swimmers agree to practice drills given and swim at entirely their own risk. As you have chosen an online program, our qualified Ocean Walker Technique coaches are not able to be by your side to ensure you are practicing drills correctly and safely as they would in a lesson or swim camp.
The online program is a great way to further your development in swimming, but we would always recommend that where possible you attend a lesson in person or join us on a swim camp so that our qualified coaches can ensure you are positioning yourself correctly in the water.
Some of our drills involve holding your breath underwater. Please make sure that if you are not using a public pool with access to a lifeguard, that you have someone overseeing your practice to ensure your safety.
In the unlikely event of injury, accident, loss or damaged suffered, however it may be caused, no responsibility whatsoever will be attached to Adam Walker or Ocean Walker Ltd.
In the swimming pool:
A heated swimming pool is recommended to begin your practice.
Appropriate swimwear should be worn for your safety and protection based on where you choose to swim.
Due to the length of time you spend immersed in water, even using an indoor heated swimming pool, there are times when the temperature is ‘not as warm as we would like’. When using an outdoor swimming pool, you have the weather to take into consideration also. Whether you are inside or outdoors, we always recommend the use of a rash vest or swim top, to protect your skin from the sun, as well as providing a little extra warmth when needed. Whether you wear one or not is your choice.
In open water:
If you are a complete beginner then we do not advise you try open water until you have attended a course/camp/lesson in person/organised session for your first dip.
Early drills are best practiced in a swimming pool.
Ocean Walker accept no responsibility for decisions you make while swimming in open water when not under our supervision on a swim camp or 1-1 lesson in person.
Acknowledgment of Risk
- I acknowledge I have read and understand the risks involved with swimming.
- I completely understand and accept the risks involved in practicing drills provided by the online program without having a qualified coach overseeing my sessions.
- In the unlikely event of injury, accident, loss or damaged suffered, however it may be caused, no responsibility whatsoever will be attached to authors, or any persons involved in the organising of the online program by Ocean Walker Ltd.
- I hereby certify that I am physically fit and well to participate in such training and don’t know of any medical condition that would prevent me safely practicing swimming in the pool or open water.
- I undertake at all times to use my best endeavours to train in a safe manner and not to do anything that would expose myself or other swimmers to any unnecessary risk or injury.
You are purchasing access to content that is fully owned by Ocean Walker Ltd.
These videos are not available for download and can only be viewed via the Vimoe access link provided.
Any content provided for this training program is copyright and therefor only Ocean Walker Qualified coaches are able to provide advice or coaching based on its content.
As someone who has participated in our online program, this does not qualify you to teach or coach the Ocean Walker Technique.
It is important that you are only coached this technique by a qualified Ocean Walker Technique coach, as anyone who is not trained may cause you injury or harm in their attempts, which goes against everything the creator Adam Walker has created this technique for.
You can check our list of qualified coaches here: Ocean Walker Team
We thank you for your co-operation.
Any questions, please email us directly before booking email@example.com
Only applies to the Skype coached sessions with Adam Walker (1-1)
- If you have changed your mind, you can cancel your order and receive a full refund within 7 working days of the purchase date. This only applies if you have not already received a training session or access to training videos in relation to this purchase.
- No refund will be given once you begin your training on this course.
- To re-schedule an agreed session we require 24 hours notice
- Please note that if a service is cancelled through no fault of Ocean Walker, then the payment processing fee will not be refunded. Approx. 2.75% of the total value of your order, depending on the payment method this can vary slightly.